Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Weekend with a Canon 1Ds MkII



Last weekend got off to a great start with a cheeky text. A friend had told me they could borrow a Canon 1Ds MkII Digital SLR from work and of course I jumped on this chance. After all, the Canon 1Ds mkII is one of the best Digital SLR Cameras on the market and it came complete with a Canon EF 50mm macro lens and a Canon EF 45mm Tilt Shift Lens. To those who are now puzzled a macro lens lets you get really close to little things, like bugs, while a tilt shift lens gives you a chance to get creative (or blurry depending who is giving you an opinion).


Also the timing couldn't have been better, with sunny blue skies meaning optimal photography conditions for hard contrasts and a chance to really capture some bright nature photographs. Of course, it wouldn't have been fair to leave my trusty Sansung GX10 at home (after all, not many Digital Cameras in that price range have the same features and quality), so I filled my camera bag with lenses and started outside. Driving out to the country I've never really looked at my surroundings in detail, so being on foot I took my time and eventually came to a small footpath which lead to a public bridalway. The views were fantastic, being able to see right over towards Leeds, and the hedgerows and plantlife meant the butterflies and other insects were out in full force. I excitedly prepared for my fist ever true macro shot.......a beautiful red emporer had settled just in front of me, almost as if posing for the camera....light meter....check...focus....check...press the shutter and.....it's gone.
Maybe next time.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment